Sat, Apr 30|
Call for Abstracts - 2022 Oslo International Environmental Law Conference
The conference will focus on “The Transformative Power of Law: Addressing Global Environmental Challenges” and abstracts for presentations should be submitted by 30 April 2022.
Time & Location
Apr 30, 2022, 7:00 AM
About the event
We are inviting abstract submissions for presentations at the Conference by 30 April 2022.
Abstracts are invited to focus on the Conference theme of transformation and strengthening the law and to address one of the following subject clusters (the topics are indicating particular interest areas, but are not exhaustive):
1. The transformative power of the Environmental Rule of Law
2. How to strengthen Multilateral Environmental Agreements?: Effectiveness, Impacts and Structural Challenges
3. Transforming Ocean Governance: UNCLOS as Living Instrument
4. Towards better cross-compliance - integrating the fight against climate change, pollution and biodiversity loss?
5. A new treaty to address plastic pollution: Lessons and expectations
6. Transforming the economy: Trade, investment and financial regulation, and governance of associated institutions
7. Deploying new and emerging technologies to safeguard Earth’s natural systems
8. Can a right to a safe and healthy environment trigger systemic change?
9. Ethics and the law: the power to bring about change
10. Transformative emerging tools: Intergenerational rights, rights for nature, ecocide
11. Ways to strengthen the protection of the environment during armed conflict
12. The role of the judiciary in bringing about transformative change
13. Overcoming challenges in implementation, compliance and enforcement
14. How might best practices in national environmental law be implemented world-wide?
For more information about the Olso Conference, instructions on how to submit your abstract and to download the abstract submission form, please follow this link.