Mon, Oct 31|
CBD COP 15: Nature Positive Pavilion - Call for Events
We are pleased to announce that IUCN and a number of partners are co-hosting a Nature Positive Pavilion at the UN Biodiversity Conference COP15 in Montreal this December, and we invite IUCN Members and Commission members attending COP15 to propose an event for the Pavilion.
Time & Location
Oct 31, 2022, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
About the event
The Nature Positive Pavilion will be an important convening space at the heart of the conference; a space where a diversity of voices will come together, work together, and be heard together. Only in unity will we collectively find the strength to face the biodiversity and climate crises. So, let’s make every voice in every session count.
The Pavilion’s vision is to build convergence amongst key stakeholders in support of an ambitious agreement; one that drives immediate action to secure a nature-positive world by 2030, by providing a space for sharing, listening, learning, and building new solidarities.
To inspire a move to urgent action, the Pavilion’s objectives are to:
- Showcase innovative solutions to provide guidance for stakeholders to take meaningful action in support of the post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework
- Create and solidify new and diverse partnerships to address the nature emergency
- Address issues of equity and rights in the Global Biodiversity Framework
- Help finance a nature-positive future through concrete examples of nature-based solutions and/or ecosystem-based approaches
- Apply global systems change to address governance and market failures leading to biodiversity loss
The Pavilion will be open from Tuesday 6th to Saturday 17th December (midday) and we are now ready to receive your event proposals. Our space aims to be a welcoming centre of lively conversation, collaboration, learning and despite the gravity of much of what we are talking about, of fun and friendship too. So, we encourage you to be bold and surprise us with unconventional line-ups, uncomfortable conversations, unforgettable interactive sessions, and inspiring people!
The guidelines are simple:
- make it INCLUSIVE
- make it RELEVANT
- make it EXCITING
To submit your ideas, please fill in the following form:
The overall process for building the programme will be as follows:
- To submit your ideas for the Pavilion, please complete the form by 5PM CET on October 31st by clicking the link above.
- We will collect and curate the concepts internally.
- We will revert back to you if we need more immediate details on your concept(s) or have some suggestions for merging or format.
- We will share an emerging agenda by mid-November.
- You will receive a refined agenda one week prior to COP15, though most events will be confirmed mid-November to allow event leads to plan and prepare.
Please be aware that depending on the number of concepts submitted, we might not be able to accept all of your ideas. Please also note that we will not be able to provide badges for COP15.
We look forward to receiving your proposals soon.
Good luck and over to you!
The Membership and Commission Support Unit in collaboration with our partners: